“Self-trust is the first secret to success.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
Message of the Day:
Congratulations on completing another week of our Meditation Experience. This week we have been learning how to make every decision a success. A big part of making successful decisions is learning to trust your decisions. That means making choices and not worrying or second-guessing yourself, wondering afterwards if you made the right choice or if you should have waited. Information will always be inadequate and there will inevitably be uncertainties. But if you make your choices according to a broad vision that sees life unfolding according to a higher purpose, then you can trust your decisions knowing that this greater intelligence will organize and orchestrate all the details, even if your mind cannot fully fathom them. Today’s meditation will connect us to that infinite intelligence and help us develop an inner confidence that allows us to trust our decisions.
I trust that my life fits a larger plan.
Eem Hreem Kleem
I draw knowledge and truth to my core self.
Here we are, completing our second full week of Manifesting True Success, our meditation experience. I’m hoping you can feel a shift already, a kind of opening up as you start to embrace the wisdom of your journey to true success. Today is about one of the simplest yet most transformative forces in life, the power of trust. Welcome to Day 14, “Trusting Your Decisions”. Facing and making decisions often creates a sense of doubt, fear and uncertainty. We all know that uneasy feeling when you’re searching for the right answer and you don’t know what that right answer is…I’ve been there hundreds of times. This is why I truly believe – when you don’t know what to do, what decision to make, get still, stay open until you do. Uncertainty can be your friend. When you let go and tap into the greater energy within you, you will find the answer and the light guiding and supporting you, always. It’s the force that can dream a bigger dream for you than you could ever dream for yourself. Everything is always working out for your greatest good. It really is! Trust in that knowing. Deepak has much to share about this wisdom of trusting so let’s listen and then we’ll meditate.”
When you have true success every day, you can look back and trust that you made the right choices. But decisions often feel like coming to a fork in the road and after you take one road, you wonder what the other would be like. That is only natural. But you don’t want to look at the road you are on with regret. When you don’t trust in your decision an imaginary ‘what-if’ hangs over your life. What if I hadn’t turned down that job offer? What if I’d met someone else? These ‘what-ifs’ take your focus away from the present moment where your future is created.
To trust that your choices fit a larger plan, your options don’t have to be Choice A or Choice B. Life is too uncertain to control or predict. We don’t even know what our next thought will be, much less what will unfold in a year or 10 years.
How can we make this uncertainty our friend? The answer lies in a greater visions, seeing that there is a higher purpose in life carried forward by a higher intelligence. In reality, this intelligence lies within. It governs, creates and controls the unfolding of your personal reality. Your choice is to align with your higher intelligence and trust it even when you can’t see why some things are happening.
Trust doesn’t develop in a vacuum. If there is a sudden crisis, disappointment or frustrating setback, you can tell yourself that everything happens for a reason. But it’s much better to feel secure in this belief, to know from experience that setbacks and disappointments are meant to fit into your evolution.
The more you connect with your true self, the more the setback will fit one of the following categories
- It is temporary and straightens itself out with minimal effort
- It points you in a new direction asking you to examine what you are doing
- It contains hidden negative emotions or beliefs that you need to work on
- It prepares the way for a new opportunity that is getting ready to present itself
If you still cannot understand how the setback fits into a larger plan, have patience, return to your center and accept for the moment that life contains some uncertainties that cannot be explained. In time, an explanation may come and meanwhile there is still the larger plan that is carrying you forward. Your higher self is always guiding to grow your state of well-being even though there are bumps along the way.
As we prepare to meditate together, let’s take a moment to consider our centering though,
I trust that my life fits a larger plan
Now let’s prepare for our meditation. Make yourself comfortable and close your eyes. Become aware of your breath and breathe slowly and deeply. With each breath, allow yourself to become more deeply relaxed. Gently introduce the mantra, Eem Hreem Kleem. This mantra strengthens self-confidence. As you repeat the mantra, feel an easy confidence that all your actions are guided by the infinite wisdom of your higher self. Repeat it silently to yourself, Eem Hreem Kleem. With each repetition, feel your body, mind and spirit open and receive just a little more. Whenever you find yourself distracted by thoughts, noises or physical sensations, return yourself to repeating the mantra, Eem Hreem Kleem. Continue with your meditation for about 10 minutes. Eem Hreem Kleem. Just mentally Eem Hreem Kleem.
Now release the mantra. Continue to sit restfully, inhaling and exhaling slowly. When you feel ready, open your eyes. As you continue with your day, contemplate the centering thought. I trust that my life fits a larger plan
- When we are in touch with our higher intelligence, we can make the uncertainties of life our friend. We feel this greater purpose that carries life forward, even though we cannot see or anticipate how all the details fit together. Write about an experience in your life where a great uncertainty was resolved when you released your need to control events, and in which you were able to relax into your higher self and embrace the uncertainty.
- Uncertainties that present themselves as life crises or major setbacks to our goals can undermine our sense of trust. These events challenge us to go deeper within our Being, and eventually lead us to the understanding that even these disappointments and frustrations are serving our evolution. The growth that comes from living through these crises with awareness and openness create an even deeper trust, and become important components of our success. Describe an experience in your journal where going through a crisis led to a deeper feeling of trust within.
- Describe other insights you gained going through this experience. Aside from developing a more profound level of trust, did you uncover unknown resources of inner wisdom and strength that made you a more complete and successful person?